19 May 2017
We are making some changes to the Platinum Visa Credit Card Account and Platinum Visa Credit Card - Qantas Points - Terms and Conditions. It is important that you read this notice carefully.
We have recently conducted a review of the costs involved in producing monthly paper statements. Given the increasing number of transactions as a result of contactless payments, the increasing expense of postage and the impact on the environment, paper statements will incur a $2 fee each month we issue you with a paper statement. This fee is effective from 1 October 2017 and will be debited to your account in the following statement period. This may be waived in limited circumstances. In order to avoid this fee, you can sign up for eStatements.
Benefits of eStatements
- Convenience: View your statements anytime, anywhere you have access to the internet by simply signing into Online Banking.
- Security: You won’t need to be concerned about lost or stolen mail so you can help protect your identity at the same time.
- Environmentally Friendly: Make a positive impact on the environment by eliminating the need for paper statements.
- Fast Online Delivery: Gain immediate access to credit card/member statements as they become available.
Less Clutter: Reduce clutter by storing statements in paperless format.
- Eligible Transaction means the purchase of goods or services from merchants accepting Your Credit Card (including GST payable for those goods or services by You) excluding the Ineligible Transactions such as Government related transactions (see below for a list of Ineligible Transactions).
- Ineligible Transaction means any of the following transactions:
- Balance transfers;
- Cash advances;
- Government related transactions (includes transactions with government or semi-government entities, or relating to services provided by or in connection with government, for example but not limited to transactions made at AustraliaPost, payments to the Australian Taxation Office, fines and court related costs);
- Special promotions;
- Purchase of foreign currency or traveller’s cheques;
- Business expenses (transactions that are deemed by G&C Mutual Bank to be for business or investment purposes);
- BPAY transactions;
- Any fee or charge, including any government charges or duties and any an fee or charge for Your membership of and participation in the Qantas Frequent Flyer program;
- Interest and finance charges payable or paid on Your Card Account;
- Enforcement expenses;
- Transactions which are disputed, fraudulent or involve the above or unauthorised use of Your G&C Mutual Bank Platinum Visa Credit Card;
- Payments and purchases which are refunded or reimbursed; and
- Payments made by You to other G&C Mutual Bank loan accounts.
If you have any questions on these changes, please contact us on 1300 364 400, 9.00am-5.00pm Monday-Friday and we will be happy to assist.